Well, we leave in 8 hours, at 3:30 am. Yikes.
I feel that we have been under spiritual attack today - Daniel woke up at 2:00 am crying and I got him back in bed and back to sleep and was back in my bed by 3:30. Didn't fall back asleep myself until 5:30 (probably a combination of nerves and malarial medication). Daniel woke up at 7am crying with another earache. He had a tough day until a 3 hour nap restored him to his normal self. I remembered a last minute thing I had to do and felt quite panicky until I got it done and the final packing. Then we had a really bad storm. The dog, who got shocked last week during a really bad storm, panicked when he heard the thunder, broke a large metal chain (his dog fence was fried in the last storm and isn't working yet) and ran away to Don and Suzy's next door, got in a fight with their dog, was rescued and dragged back by Sally Anne, who helped us locked him in the garage where he subsequently tried to tear a hole in the wall to hide in. And, Blake, who thankfully got home early, discovered the dog had, in his frenzy, killed the cat, Fluffy, whom we've had for close to seven years.
However, I see God's blessing in that Blake found the dead cat and not our kids, Sally Anne (now called dog whisperer) saved Tramp and her dog and returned Tramp to the garage just before the really bad lightning, wind and hail struck, and managed not to get electrocuted herself, and that I am in fact, packed and car is loaded and we didn't lose power or water (yet) which is great since the house was once again struck by lightning. And, I am surrounded by friends and family who love me. SO, there you go. Please keep me in your prayers, that I will calm down and remember to breathe.
OH! Please do not mention the cat to either Anna Kate or Daniel! We are not going to tell them yet with everything else that is going on.
Goodnight friends!
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well, hopefully you are sleeping now and will get enough rest until you can sleep on the plane. I definitely agree it sounds like major spiritual attack. Better it should happen here than there though. We love you, friend, and will be praying for you. We are excited already to be reading the blog posts you will give us each day!
ReplyDelete