
Nine days until we leave. Last night Anna Kate and I took the first dose of our anti-malarial medication and so far we've not had hallucinations, so that's good. We found out recently that we will be visiting a village where the chief method of income is collecting animal feces to sell. Jake says this will be the poorest of the poor that we will see. I just can't imagine what that will be like.
Please be in prayer for us. In our missions study we learned about how much more effective (and safe) we can be if people are praying for us back home. Please be in prayer for the people we will meet and how we can best minister to them and love on them. Please also pray that we will be protected against any spiritual warfare the enemy is throwing our way. And that we as a team will be adaptable, flexible, patient, calm, healthy, willing, loving, discerning, practical, selfless, and seeking God with every step. And for United and Ethiopian Air not to lose any of our luggage. OH, and please pray for the safety of my son as he hangs out with Blake and then goes hiking and camping with my Mom and Dad. And for Blake. OK, I'll stop now.
Depending on internet access I will be updating this blog during the trip and adding pictures. Thanks to you all for you partnering with me on this!!
Love,
Heather

I do pray you will have time and internet access for updating so we can experience your trip with you. It will be a mini-biography. God will use this trip to change you and bring you closer to His heart.
ReplyDelete