That's it - only 18 days until we leave. I am excited and nervous and have been packed for a week already. We will be staying at a place called the Ethiopian Guest House, which is a not-profit place for couples adopting children and people on short-term mission trips like us. It sounds wonderful. I think they will take good care of us. You can google it and see all about it.
I still can't believe I am going to Ethiopia and taking my daughter. Such an out-of-character thing for me to do, right? But here goes! And by the way, did I mention we will be visiting a leper colony and AIDS camp as well as the orphanages? Me and my hand sanitizing neuroses. I think this trip will stretch me in a big way.
So, I would really like to ask you to pray for us. I have a long list, but here are the highlights in random order:
1. safety. (duh.)
2. travel mercies - for things to go smoothly the whole long trip.
3. for us to have good attitudes no matter what
4. for God to use us however He pleases and that our faith and trust to be multiplied
5. health!!! no sicknesses or issues or physical problems
6. to be guided by God so we can minister to, talk to, pray with whomever however He directs
7. to relax and understand God really is the boss and I am not
8. for satan to be given the forearm shiver. That he is not allowed anywhere near us or our families back home
9. protection for our families we leave behind
10. all our luggage to get there safely and when we do
11. a spirit of unity and love throughout the whole team. for us all to get along and be patient and helpful to/with each other.
OK, that is it for now. Thanks!!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Excellent requests. I am excited for what God will do for and through you on this journey.
ReplyDelete